How to Have a Lucid Dream
Before you learn how to have a lucid dream it is important to know How to Remember Your Dreams. Once you are able to remember your dreams on a fairly regular bases proceed with the following steps.
There are several different methods that you can use to trigger a lucid dream. No one method is better then another, just use what ever method you feel the most comfortable with.
1. Look for a book or anything that has text written on it.
2. Once you find something with text, just look at a few words or a sentence from that text and remember what it says.
3. Now look away from the text so you can no longer see it. Change what the text says in your mind. For example if the word said "Cat" think in your mind that it says "Fish" now.
4. Look back at the text you were looking at before. Did it change to what you were thinking? If it changed you are in a dream. If it did not change you are awake.
5. Remind yourself to try doing this before you fall asleep. Also do it once in a while when you are awake.
1. Think of something that you don't normally see in real life. For example you could pick a tornado or seeing more then one moon in the sky.
2. Remind yourself before you fall asleep that if you see (what ever you pick) that will you know you are in a dream.
These methods may work the first time you try them, or they could take a few months of trying before it works. I got Method One to work the second or third night I tried it. The important thing to remember is not to get too excited once you realize you are in a dream. If you get too excited you will wake yourself up, so remain calm once you realize your in a dream and start to experiment with the different things you can do in dreams. Once good way to move from one surrounding to another is to close your eyes, think of where you want to be, and then open them to find yourself there.
If you want to share any of your experiences or have any questions feel free to e-mail them to me.